Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Raj I Narayani
Dr. Raj I Narayani, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Knoxville, TN, with another office in Knoxville, TN. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Narayani is affiliated with Physicians Regional Medical Center. Dr. Narayani has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Raj I Narayani has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 16
He is a great doctor and a wonderful human being.I definetely would recommend him to everybody. He is the best. He took a lot of time with me explaining my condition and recomended procedure. He had performed a colonoscopy and endoscopy on me and also a colonoscopy on my husband. After the procedures were completed, he very thoroughly explained the results in a manner that anyone could understand.
I saw Dr. Narayani recently for a colonoscopy as a follow-up for Crohn's disease. He is caring, friendly, efficient, and explained my test results clearly. The nurses who work with him are also fantastic, as caring and efficient as the doctor, and called me at home to make sure that I was doing all right after my test. I would recommend Dr. Narayani to anyone who is looking for an excellent, highly knowledgeable GI specialist.
Dr. Narayani is very intelligent, caring, & professional. I would highly recommend him to anyone for gastrointestinal issues. In addition, the staff at GIA are wonderful.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014, 2013, 2008, 2012, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Narayani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Raj I Narayani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Raj I Narayani in this video.
Dr. Raj I Narayani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.