Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Raja Barakat has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Birth Control
- Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
My children have been going to this practice for 15+ years. I love the staff, flexible appointments are made with ease. The Drs. are caring and compassionate, and know their patients that have had problems and are aware of their diagnosis. Would highly recommend this practice to anyone with infants, young children and even teenagers...My youngest child is now 18, and still sees Dr. B. Thank you for all that you do>>><3
My daughter tells me she loves Dr. B and gets excited to go see her! She has a way of making you feel like your child is important, and when there is an issue, she follows up to see how they are doing. I suffered 3 years with Chronic ear infections with my daughter, and her other pediatrician from another practice kept pumping her with antibiotics. I tried Dr B as an alternate opinion and she knew the problem right away. I have since switched to her care and couldn't have made a better choice. I love the practice and the ease of appts (they even have hours on SUNDAY), and every doctor comes highly reccomended in my book.
Dr. Barakat is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Raja Barakat accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRaja Barakat Md, 200 Perrine Rd Ste 229, Old Bridge, NJ
Dr. Raja Barakat is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Old Bridge, NJ.