Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rajakumari L Swamy has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 41
I had been going to Dr Swamey for years but decided to switch doctors because I got tired of going to her office and waiting for hours sometimes just to see her. My daughter also went there and switched doctors due to the long wait and that she could not figure out what was wrong after many test and was giving her diet pill,pain meds and did not seem to care that she was only 18 and not what you would call overweight. Once my daughter went to another doctor they figured out within the first couple of visits what was wrong. I have since switched to another doctor and love the doctor I have now, very short wait time and she takes all the time I need to talk with her so glad I switched.
I was ill and tried to see the Dr. Her staff indicated she was really busy and would take a note. And, when I do get an appointment (when ill or scheduled check-up) I have NEVER waited LESS than 1 1/2 hours. Dr. Swamy is great but her staff and the way her office is organized is really unacceptable. I really like Dr Swamy but need to find another capable Dr. with a better run office.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2012, 2015, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Hurley Medical Center
Dr. Rajakumari L Swamy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLakeville Clinic, 4065 E Cook Rd, Grand Blanc, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rajakumari L Swamy in this video.
Dr. Rajakumari L Swamy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Blanc, MI.