Dr. Rajalaxmi S Mckenna Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Rajalaxmi S Mckenna?

Dr. McKenna Sets a Higher Standard For Oncology and Physicians in General

Dr. McKenna is the most dedicated physician I have ever met in my life. As a medical student, I saw her take more time to analyze each and every one of her patients' cases than any other doctor. She is extremely knowledgable, and up to date on the latest research with a critical eye that discriminates between what is valuable and what is a fad. I truly look up to her. When I found out my closest friend's grandmother had cancer, I recommended her as that is the first person I would personally go to. Her family is extremely satisfied. When they originally went to UIC, the physician saw them for 5 minutes on their first visit after such a serious diagnosis. Since I believed in Dr. McKenna, I convinced them to switch and their first visit was over an hour and half long. This is not unique as Dr. McKenna spends hours on her patients in and out of the clinic. She pays attention to every detail, and none of her patients are experiencing severe side effects from chemotherapy as a result. Most patients are very comfortable during treatment usually talking, reading, or napping instead of experiencing severe nausea from receiving a careless dose of the drugs. Many of her patients do better than their given prognosis since her intelligence and passion make her outshine the average oncologist. She is a caring person who really wants to make a difference in people's lives. During my journey in becoming a doctor, I see her as a prime example of what a physician should be in both standards and care.

Outstanding Oncologist

An outstanding Oncologist. She cares about every one of her patients and makes sure to take time to go over your test results and plan of treatment.

Highly recommend Dr. McKenna

I was first referred to Dr. McKenna over 5 years ago, when my doctor was having trouble diagnosing my condition. Dr. McKenna was able to diagnose me with CLL and I have been under her care ever since. She is an extremely caring, dedicated, & knowledgeable doctor. I am now in remission, thanks to the care I received from Dr. McKenna. My wife & I cannot say enough positive things about her, and we are forever grateful for all that she has done for me. If i had to say one negative thing, I would say that I usually have to wait a little longer to see her at the office. This is because she is so dedicated to her patients and spends as much time as necessary with all of her patients. Keeping that in mind, it really isn't much of a negative. Knowing I was receiving the necessary time and attention from Dr. McKenna, just like all the rest of her patients, made the delays understandable. My wife & I would highly recommend Dr. McKenna to anyone looking for a doctor who specializes in her areas of expertise.

Someone please buy this place a watch

Seriously, I'm trying to figure out why I come back everytime. Too bad she has my history and I don't want to look for another doctor. The wait time is seriously long. I averaged 80-90 minutes on weekdays inside the examination room. This long of a wait for a confirmed appointment tells me there is no administration out here. Asking for prescription is a pain. Mail order service needed something faxed back from doctors office. Didn't happen till I asked the front desk person to take of it. Also, doctor does not have a scribe and she slowly types everything on the computer. Then takes time to spell check the same. I agree she might spend good time in the examination room but this explains why. Just a few pointers for all of you looking for reviews.

Caregiver for My Mother

Dr. McKenna is an Amazing Doctor! I am truly blessed that God put my mom into her path, She held my moms hand and guided us down a dark and scarey path. Cancer is not a fun word but Dr. McKenna helped us to understand. I wish my mom would have found this amazing lady a long time ago, but unfortunately as time would have it my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 small cell lung cancer and we did loose her. But I will yell from the top of a mountain how amazing this doctor is, Please if you need someone on your side this is the doctor to have! You MUST Listen to her she will not point you in the wrong direction! She walks the walk with you, you are not alone. Thank You Dr. McKenna

Dr. McKenna is a wonderful, caring and intelligent woman and Dr. Her demeanor is very calming and practical. She always makes me laugh and is reassuring. I feel safe in her care. She takes the time to listen and I never feel hurried. She is thorough and thoughtful when it comes to treatment. Her assistant Stephanie is also a wonderful caregiver!

Dr. McKenna is amazing! I feel very fortunate to have had her and her staff caring for me during my chemotherapy. She took the time to get to know me and my needs, not just my disease. I never felt like a number in her office.

Dr McKenna documents every issue thoroughly, and doggedly pursues any unknowns until the problem is resolved and treated to her satisfaction. She has a wonderful sense of humor, which her patients enjoy .

She doesnt have the patience to hear patient problem ,she is very rude

EXCELLENT

Dr Mckenna goes above and beyond her profession. She not only has the bedside manner , all doctors should possess, but she has the intelligence to go with it. She will tell you if she does not know something, or she will research it. She is always updated on the new research available and offers them to her patients. She has correctly diagnosed problems which my medical doctor has misdiagnosed. She saved my life!