Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Rajashri S Iyengar has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
Dr. Rajashri S Iyengar has the following 12 expertise
- Food Allergies
- Hay Fever
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergies
- Watery Eyes
Dr. Rajashri S Iyengar has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 2
Instead of trying to diagnose and determine the root causes of my child's food allergies, Dr. Iyengar suggested to put the child on two different types of antihistamines concurrently. She was unhelpful and refused to assist when asked whether we could challenge the child at her office with a food product that the child had shown a negative reaction to, saying "I only have nurses here to help if something goes wrong, go try this at home and if something goes wrong call 911." She lacks clinical knowledge and failed to test the child for certain food allergens despite the child showing classic hallmarks associated with those allergens. We thereafter saw another allergist who was very effective in determining what the child is allergic to and helped us with a diet to control the allergies and to gradually build resistance to alleviate the child's allergies. Our child suffered a lot when she was under Dr. Iyengar's treatment and took a lot of unnecessary medication prescribed by Dr. Iyengar, and has improved significantly since she is being seen by the new allergist. She now eats better, and is thriving, and her allergies and the symptoms are now under control thanks to the new allergist.
16 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Rajashri S Iyengar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rajashri S Iyengar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Carlos, CA.