Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rajesh N Patel has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 7
Prescribed meds a 2nd time I am allergic too, I then suffered reactions to it,spent 2 days in hospital stroke and heart issues...$16k in bills,very rude at follow up,wanted to prescribe another statin drug I refused argument ensued he said that I could leave if I didn't like it...guess what?..looking for a new doctor
Appt. 1) Dr. Patel stared at his computer screen while asking me questions and clearly didn't hear my responses because he recommended something I had already done! When I pointed out that I had already done this (PT), he scolded ME, stating, "Well, how would I know that??? You don't always see me when you come here to build a relationship!" I replied, "You know because I just TOLD you. And I don't come see you all the time because it's a group practice and I usually see the nurse practitioner or whomever is available when I am acutely sick (to diagnose strep throat, for instance, as I don't have any chronic illnesses) and can't wait for you to be available." (That is how group practices work, by the way.) Appt. 2) I shared my difficulty with weight gain, despite exercise and dietary changes. He began preaching to me that playing tennis 3 times a week and walking wasn't sufficient and I had to change my diet, severely restricting my calories (despite the fact that I need reasonable calories to play competitive singles tennis matches). He didn't hear me repeat TWICE that I had already switched to meal replacement/protein shakes, among other changes, again repeating I had to severely restrict my diet. I left disgusted. LATER, my nurse practitioner noted my age and inquired about menopause, tested my hormone levels, and found I had gone through menopause and had hormonal imbalances!!! Shame on Dr. Patel for making someone feel horrible and not listening--I'm a HIGHLY educated person and don't appreciate being scolded!
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Rajesh N Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rajesh N Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.