Dr. Rajesh N Patel Is this you?

1.8

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Rajesh N Patel?

Buh bye

Prescribed meds a 2nd time I am allergic too, I then suffered reactions to it,spent 2 days in hospital stroke and heart issues...$16k in bills,very rude at follow up,wanted to prescribe another statin drug I refused argument ensued he said that I could leave if I didn't like it...guess what?..looking for a new doctor

Doesn't LISTEN!

Appt. 1) Dr. Patel stared at his computer screen while asking me questions and clearly didn't hear my responses because he recommended something I had already done! When I pointed out that I had already done this (PT), he scolded ME, stating, "Well, how would I know that??? You don't always see me when you come here to build a relationship!" I replied, "You know because I just TOLD you. And I don't come see you all the time because it's a group practice and I usually see the nurse practitioner or whomever is available when I am acutely sick (to diagnose strep throat, for instance, as I don't have any chronic illnesses) and can't wait for you to be available." (That is how group practices work, by the way.) Appt. 2) I shared my difficulty with weight gain, despite exercise and dietary changes. He began preaching to me that playing tennis 3 times a week and walking wasn't sufficient and I had to change my diet, severely restricting my calories (despite the fact that I need reasonable calories to play competitive singles tennis matches). He didn't hear me repeat TWICE that I had already switched to meal replacement/protein shakes, among other changes, again repeating I had to severely restrict my diet. I left disgusted. LATER, my nurse practitioner noted my age and inquired about menopause, tested my hormone levels, and found I had gone through menopause and had hormonal imbalances!!! Shame on Dr. Patel for making someone feel horrible and not listening--I'm a HIGHLY educated person and don't appreciate being scolded!

Didn't introduce himself. Extremely poor bedside manner. Won't be going back.

Complete lack of bedside manner.