Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rajinder Jain
Dr. Rajinder Jain, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Troy, NY. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Jain is affiliated with St Mary's Hospital, Samaritan Hospital and Albany Medical Center. Dr. Jain has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Rajinder Jain has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Rajinder Jain has the following 6 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Thyroid Diseases
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Rajinder Jain has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Rajinder Jain is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
New patient appointment can take two weeks, but they saw me earlier because I am pregnant and was worried. The lady at the front desk is a bit cold but everyone else is fantastic. I like that Dr. Jain is not part of a big group. I feel like he knows what's going on around him. He has been in Troy my whole life. My Diabetes is in good control after going in to see him, but my insurance won't pay for me to continue to see a specialist if I am under control. I guess I will wait to get worse and then go back to him. Stupid insurance companies.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Jain is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Mary's Hospital
Albany Medical Center
Albany Memorial Hospital
St Mary`s Campus
Seton Health System
40 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1973
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Rajinder Jain accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsTroy Endocrinology PLLC, 1304 Park Blvd, Troy, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rajinder Jain in this video.
Dr. Rajinder Jain is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Troy, NY.