Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rajinder S Shiwach has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
The office is very difficult to reach regarding appointments. There is a huge language barrier with myself and the doctor. I cannot understand her and it is disappointing because I seriously need treatment. I work in environment with many languages and dialects, but she is still hard to understand, very nice, but hard to talk to. I have to now find another doctor.
this whole office is a joke. the staff is inconsiderate. will never go again. i was taking oral meds that required daily administration and waited days on end EVERY MONTH to get them refilled. stayed ill most of the time i was under their care. They absolutely have no business being able to practice medicine.
This is the worst experien in my 52 years on God's green earth..His front office staff are incompetent. They have no people skills. I have waited 3weeks to get my prescription field..My insurance company has been very patient with me in resolving this matter. I was assured by supervisor of BCBS the problem is with the front office staff...And once I pointed this out to them I was created with hostility. Wouldn't be surprised if I have to wait another 2 weeks to get my prescription. I'm really pleased with my Dr. That is the only reason I'm still here this time.. He needs to fire each and everyone of his front office staff. I wouldn't treat an animal the way I've been treated.. Either Dr.Shiwach doesn't no or doesn't care about the way his patients ate being treated....I'm going to try and get thicker skin have tried othe Dr in heat of rage only to come back to Dr Cotten.. He listens and understands and cares about my issues. Let's just say I will never refer anyone to this office.
I met Dr. Shiwach over the internet. Late on a Sat. night I realized I had a problem that was only getting much worse. I was looking for someone who would see me, see me soon and someone with a thorough understanding of my condition as well as current medical interventions to treat it. I sent brief notes to a dozen different Physicians. Twenty minutes after writing to him I received the response " I think I can help you, drop by my office on Monday and we'll talk ". If you have an appointment with Dr. Shiwach it could be the case that you'll have a wait because the Doctor was seeing someone who needed help today but couldn't get seen by anyone. Once on a monday that patient was me and patients with appointments had to wait a little while because of me. So on that occasion when I have to wait a little while, I do so happily in the knowledge that someone else who really needs to see a good Physician is being provided the highest possible standard of health care with compassion.
42 Years Experience
Bj Medical College
Graduated in 1976
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Dr. Rajinder S Shiwach accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsRajshiwach MD PA, 941 York Dr Ste 205, Desoto, TX
Dr. Rajinder S Shiwach is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Desoto, TX.