Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Rajiv R Handa has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Rajiv R Handa has the following 9 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Rajiv R Handa is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
defribrillator replacement with new lead
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rajiv R Handa - Posted on September 12th, 2013
I am 84 and have a weak heart. Dr. Handa had the skill and strength to replace and connect new leads through small and crooked veins. I have more stamina and strength thanks to Dr. Handa and his nurse, Jill, medical practioner Laurie, and Becky from Boston Scientific. All are caring and professional people..
Best in town
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rajiv R Handa - Posted on February 26th, 2013
On pacemaker #5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rajiv R Handa - Posted on August 31st, 2012
What every specialist should be...
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rajiv R Handa - Posted on March 27th, 2011
Dr. Handa is recommended highly. No doubt about it. He comes through with excellent care, superb bedside manner, thorough explanations, patient answers to questions, and a fantastic nursing assistant (Jill). Nothing can convince me that he isn't a Godsend to anyone with electro-cardiac problems.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rajiv R Handa - Posted on September 17th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Handa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Rajiv R Handa accepts the following insurance providers.
- HealthLink PPO
Locations & DirectionsSSM HEART INSTITUTE, 1027 Bellevue Ave Ste 200, Saint Louis, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rajiv R Handa, MD - Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology in Saint Louis, MO, in this video.
Dr. Rajiv R Handa is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.