Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rajiv N Patel has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 8
My mother and I made an appointment to see Dr Patel to discuss my concers with some ongoing confustion on her part. He and D John put her thru and oral and somewhat written test to evaluate if there were any problems. A discussion followed with all of us in the room at which time he explained in detail what was going on and what could be done to help. We both left his office with a warm feeling. This Doctor has the ability to make his patients understand and feel good at the same time. Cannot say enough good about him!
Dr. Patel is a very through and carrying physician. I had a fairly rare and often misdiagnosed illness. Dr. Patel quickly recognized that I needed extensive testing which revealed my condition. Many doctors might have taken much longer to get to the correct diagnosis. Dr. Patel is a true pleasure to have on your side when you are not feeling well.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Saba University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Rajiv N Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDepaul Primary Care, 12255 De Paul Dr Ste 600, Bridgeton, MO
Dr. Rajiv N Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bridgeton, MO.