Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rakesh C Patel
Dr. Rakesh C Patel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orlando, FL, with other offices in Winter Garden, FL and Winter Haven, FL (and 1 other location). He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Diagnostic Radiology and Urology. Dr. Patel has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Rakesh C Patel has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Urinary Incontinence
- Bladder Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr. Patel and his nursing staff have been wonderful from my first visit to his office through to present day. I am now 3 weeks post op and on the road to recovery . Every detail was explained to me and Dr. Patel even drew diagrams for me. Thank you to Dr. Patel and his staff ð
This doctor has delayed care for me twice and I warn you to be cautious seeking his care. When I was post-op I was urinating blood, he was consulted by my surgeon to find the reason. Dr Patel brushed me off saying it was probably due to trauma from the catheter. A year and a whole lot of pain later, it was discovered my bladder had perforated. I underwent so much unnecessary pain and suffering because he failed to assess properly.
Dr. Patel seems to be a good doctor, but the Winter Park office is not so good. I arrived on time for my appointment, but waited over an hour to be seen. Another appointment was rescheduled by the office, but they did not return my calls when I asked to get my prescription refilled. I called the office and sometimes they don't pick up the phone or have an answering machine. It's not a good office and I won't go there again.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010, 2016, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
20 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
University Of Florida Health
Dr. Rakesh C Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rakesh C Patel in this video.
Dr. Rakesh C Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orlando, FL.