Dr. Rakesh Patel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rakesh Patel?

Still Waiting for Appointment One Month Later...

Posted on September 23rd, 2016

Due to a change in CT Law, I cannot continue care with my PC. I called Dr. Patel's office and was told to send my records, which my doctor's office did, twice, and IF they can take me, I'll get a call. Each time I called to follow up I was told my records weren't there. So, I brought them myself, but cannot get a return call to see if they're in the doctor's hands yet. Either someone is on a power trip, they are overwhelmed, or don't care at all.

Bad Experience

Posted on January 15th, 2016

If you want a pain specialist with awful support staff, who spends no time with you, doesn't inform you of risks of a procedure, writes inaccurate notes and care nothing about his patients, he is for you .

Posted on July 30th, 2015

Don't see this man if you have drank or have done any other drugs that aren't proscribed by a doctor ! I have chronic back pain that I've been getting treatment for the last year and my Dr. sends me to him for pain management and they do a drug test ! They find something other then what I've be proscribed ,his next words are have a nice day I can't help you ! Just like that put me to the curd ! Not come back take another drug test just good by ! Yes i went out had a few drinks and had a puff or two that makes me a bad guy I have to live in pain for a simple mistake ! He treats you like a second rate person O God you have drugs in your system the biggest drug dealer around telling me to get help ! Really ! I would have love to give him the back of my hand the way he talked to me ! Like I was a piece of crap unbelievable!

Dr Rakesh Patel, Best CT pain management!

Posted on May 14th, 2015

Amazing! Professional! Courteous! Bree is a plus also!

Posted on April 28th, 2015

Dr Patel and his staff are the some of the best medical professionals I have!

RTR/RN

Posted on March 4th, 2015

Dr.Rakeesh Patel has "golden hands"...I have had several injections with him.He -along with his staff -Breeann & J.P. - are superb!

Posted on December 10th, 2013

I saw Dr. Patel for two epidural injections. He is very pleasant and his staff is wonderful, but the visit with him was very rushed and I didn't think he took the time to fully explain the expected outcomes of the procedure and some of the risks involved. He does not follow up after procedure and it is tough to get someone on the phone.

Lesa LePage

Posted on September 28th, 2012

Dr. Rakesh Patel is absolutely one of the best doctors I have ever had overall in the entire time I have been diagnosed with a quite serious and very painful chronic illness. He is caring, courteous, helpful, and has an amazing bedside manner. He (unlike many other doctors) listens to the patient. And in my case, in consideration that I have a very rare (NORD classified) disease. There are times I have known more than the doctors or nurses, yet they do NOT want to listen to what I have to say. Dr. Patel not only listens, but follows up, to make certain that I am getting the best care.Very professional doctor indeed!!!

Cares about the patient

Posted on March 25th, 2010

Dr Patel is very compassionate, cares about the patient, listens to their problems, very strict about being compliant with taking narcotics as prescribed since they can kill you if you take more than prescribed.

worked for me

Posted on September 25th, 2008

I wanted to ge off oral pain meds and Dr.Patel found different altenatives for me. The only problem I have is the call backs take days and having to drive to get medication. His nurse Jennifer is a peach with a heart of gold and makes you feel comfortable.

they give you meds- but...

Posted on April 20th, 2008

If you need help with the insurance company to get an authorization, forget it. They take days to get back to you and then they tell you "We don't do that"

Pain Doctor

Posted on January 30th, 2008

Dr. Patel is a pain specialist but he puts people on medications and gives needles. I almost died from the needles. He never saw or listened to the problems. His staff is the rudest doctors staff I have ever seen. They keep you on pain medication. But don't dare take an extra one after how ever many years you are on it because when they find out they treat you like a drug addict and refuse your medication. Then he stops seeing you and throws you to a nurse or a pa (who don't know what they are doing). For someone who is supposed to help you with pain after you are there awhile he doesn't want to be bothered you now become an addict to the staff and pa's. This is very sad for a doctor to take this specialty and do this to people. Time for my lawyer.