Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rakesh K Mangal
Dr. Rakesh K Mangal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and Gynecology. Dr. Mangal is affiliated with Womans Hospital Texas. Dr. Mangal has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Rakesh K Mangal has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Dr. Rakesh K Mangal has the following 13 expertise
- Egg Collection (Oocyte Retrieval)
- Assisted Reproductive Techniques
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Ovulation Induction
- Sperm Donation or Egg Donation (Oocyte Donation)
- In vitro fertilization or (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injections)
- Pelvic Pain
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
Dr. Rakesh K Mangal is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 66
Dr. Mangal is the best doctor I have ever met! Very knowledgeable, compassionate, who truly cares about his patients. I have been Dr. Mangal's patient for 5 years and there is no other doctor I would trust in helping me with endometriosis, fibroids and fertility. Thank you, Dr. Mangal! His staff is also excellent, especially Ms. Feri.
Truly exceptional care. I have suffered for 10 years with symptoms and his diagnosis finally offered relief. He is so caring and takes a personal interest in each patient. I feel he listened to my concerns with true empathy and acted in a professional and caring way at each step of treatment.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mangal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation
Dr. Rakesh K Mangal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOb/Gyn Medical Center Associates, 7900 Fannin St Ste 4000, Houston, TX
Dr. Rakesh K Mangal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.