Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rakeshkumar M Kaneria has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 5 of 12
My son was at atrium psych unit in 2012. My son's psychiatrist was out of town and called Dr. Several times. He never returned call. He called me (his Mother) and I'm an RN, was condescending, rude. I asked him to call his regular psychiatrist to discuss his plan. He never did nor did he return any of my calls. My son was on many necessary psych meds prior to admission. He discontinued ALL of them abruptly, sent him home on no meds and no prescriptions and within a week he was in psych ward elsewhere again. He is incompetent! Run far away from this poor excuse of a psychiatrist! If I could give no stars I would!
Dr. Kaneria is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Bj Medical College
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Rakeshkumar M Kaneria accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRakeshkumar M Kaneria Md, 7760 Discovery Dr Ste G, West Chester, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rakeshkumar M Kaneria in this video.
Dr. Rakeshkumar M Kaneria is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Chester, OH.