Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ralph G Althouse has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Cholesterol Management
- Heart Failure
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Blood Clot
- Clinical Research
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- High Cholesterol
- Myocardial Infarction
- Lipid Disorders
- Holter monitoring
- Coronary Angiography
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I think the most memorable moment for me with Dr. Althouse was his complete thorough understanding of the situation that I was dealing with. He emanated confidence in what had to take place step by step before I could have my mitral valve replaced and explained what each test would entail and why I should have it. He also has a great sense of humor and is very kind. I was blessed to have been referred to him. He's the best!
My mother-in-law received excellent care and has had no problems with the care and followups she has received from Dr Ralph Althause. I feel that she would be dead and gone if were not for the expert care and timely procedure she got.To be honest I was shocked that this vitals service rated Doctor Althause poor, in my opinion this is flat out misleading. I rate Dr R. Althause excellent!
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2012, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Ralph G Althouse accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCitizens Memorial Hospital, 1500 N Oakland Ave, Bolivar, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ralph G Althouse in this video.
Dr. Ralph G Althouse is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bolivar, MO.