Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ralph R Berg Jr has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
Showing 5 of 5
The office seemed well organized and taken care of but is bare bones. I haven't seen any coupons or discounts for this provider's office, and they never mention anything about promotions when I'm there. They're flexible with their appointment times. Maybe a little too flexible (like there practice isn't doing too well). I don't think I had Dr Bergs' full attention during some of my appointment. He listens to me, but he seems to get distracted easily, frequently speaks of himself and repeats the same question, like he isn't paying attention. He has shown his distraction and frustration to the point I have brought it to his attention that the visit is my time and should be directed towards me. Seems grandiose at times, saying such as "we are going to get you where you won't require medication". Which I don't find realistic with my disorder. He has gotten my prescriptions incorrect on two occasions (wrong dose eg. XL, SR or mg). I feel he uses leading questions. He is animated, flamboyant, and likes to brag. The first time I saw him he had a ponytail and was wearing rubber flip flops. That has since changed. He doesn't seem to push medication as much as others I have seen. He seems to be a caring provider and likable, and is always on time. He is on Wayne Memorial Dr. next door to Time Warner. Lisa, his receptionist is friendly, polite and caring but there is a woman that appears to be an assistant office manager that is very hard to get along with and will raise her voice quite loud at you and is generally uncooperative, and rude. She has been mentioned acting the same way by another Doctors office I go to. His office name is ClientFirst of NC and does not belong to Dr. Berg. He is an employee.
39 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Ralph R Berg Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWaynesboro Family Clinic PA, 1706 Wayne Memorial Dr, Goldsboro, NC
Dr. Ralph R Berg Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Goldsboro, NC.