Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ralph N Bharati has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
Dr. Ralph N Bharati has the following 13 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
Dr. Ralph N Bharati is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Upon my first visit he wanted to DOUBLE my dose of one med. Totally cut me off another (no taper). And, get me off a third via tapering over three months. I had been on the three above drugs in a dosage that was used for maintenance for the last 2 years/without problems. My brother is a doctor and said that for me to abruptly stop the one (as opposed to a taper) was very dangerous to my life. That it could even k*ll me. The one drug he doubled, I tried it once. I was SO OUT OF IT, that I seriously thought of calling to have somebody pick me up from work (although my drive home is less than 10 minutes). Totally did not listen to my concerns. Has no empathy. I imagine he 'cookie cuts' every one's meds. What a shame. The doctor he replaced was outstanding (Dr. Cox). When I suggested we try his new med routine in the summer, when I do not work - he flat out said, "NO!" Then he accused me of wanting "the easy way out". That is like telling a diabetic that needs insulin... that they are taking the 'easy way out' by getting daily injections of insulin. STAY AWAY if you know what is good for you. I was ONE and DONE. I chose to NEVER see this 'doctor' again. My MD brother said I should report him.
my husband completed the stop program. i was told the total cost of the program was 1500 including the 8 weeks of classes. once we started receiving bills they billed my insurance for the initial 1500 and 150 for each class attened. when i tried to call to have this checked into i was hung up on by Dr Bharati's wife 3 times and was unable to get my issue resolved. since then our bill was sent to collections and the collection agency quickly returned all accounts to Bharati's office due to numerous complaints of over billing and insurance difficulties. i do recommend the program but i do NOT recommend this dr's office!!! Beware
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Dr. Ralph N Bharati accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsPsychiatric & Addiction Medicine, 8911 E Orme St Ste A, Wichita, KS
Dr. Ralph N Bharati is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wichita, KS.