Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ralph R Chesson Jr
Dr. Ralph R Chesson Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lafayette, LA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, Gynecology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Chesson is affiliated with Ochsner Medical Center - Kenner. Dr. Chesson has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ralph R Chesson Jr has the following 3 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Urinary Incontinence, Stress
- Birth Control
- Breast Exam
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 43
I was very nervous being this was my first visit. Dr. Chesson's and his nurse was very professional, patient and I felt relieved knowing that they were to assure me my health was top priority. I wasn't rush and they took time explaining procedures for me to consider. I would defiantly recommend Dr. Chesson's.
Dr. Chesson is such a good doctor. He takes the time to listen to you. I was so comfortable talking to him about my issues. He has gotten me back on track and I am feeling a lot better. His assistant, Karen is so kind. She has a very pleasant personality and is also very helpful. These two make a great team! I highly advise any woman if she is having some sort of female issue, to go see Dr. Chesson.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Chesson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Locations & DirectionsWomens And Kids Specialty Center, 4704 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy, Lafayette, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ralph R Chesson Jr in this video.
Dr. Ralph R Chesson Jr is similar to the following 2 Doctors near Lafayette, LA.