Dr. Ralph J Curtis Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ralph J Curtis Jr?

Unprofessional, rude, worst physician ever

He said my shoulder is so messed up that I need a shoulder replacement. i had the other shoulder operated on 3 years ago & have long known exactly what my injuries are. He said he wouldn't operate on this one to fix it, only replace it. Then he said to wait a couple years & when I couldn't take the pain anymore get the replacement done. PT & cortisone shots was his diagnosis. He was rushing me the entire time & before he ran out of the room I asked for pain medication, which he actually denied. MRI & Xray proved my pain is real & he said no. I'm 55 years old & not some drug addict trying to score off him. My entire life I've never seen a doctor anywhere near as bad as this guy. I wish I could get my insurance to stop payment due to his negligent care & arrogant, bad attitude. Start to finish he was in the room with me maybe 15 minutes. Never going back there!!

Dr. Curtiss is an exceptional doctor/person

Only problem I have is that he doesn't spend a lot of time with you. Coming from a small town environment where Dr.'s come in and sit, visit and explain things, I was a little bothered. After seeing as many San Antonio Dr.'s as I have seen I came to realize this is the way it is now. Not unhappy just wish they would spend more time with you.

TERRIBLE POST-OP

Post-op patient care is the worst I have ever experienced or heard of. Every single post-op appointment has been rescheduled, with appointments pushed back minimum of two weeks each time (this occurred 4 times so far post surgery). This was a huge inconvenience as it delayed many things - starting PT, taking sling off, clearance to drive, etc. Also, when requested to speak with Dr. Curtis I was told each time that he refuses to speak to patients directly. Absolutely horrible patient care.

Shoulder and Knee surgeries, no issues, good followup

What happened to patient care?

Once the surgery is done, you no longer exist. Staff is unresponsive. Will not return calls about missing prescriptions or urgent pain issues. They cancel appointment after appointment and when you finally do get in, plan on waiting at least 45 minutes in the waiting room.

EXCELLENT

DOC OPERATED BOTH MY SHOULDERS

Wrong diagnosis

I went to Dr. Curtis after a fall and dislocation of shoulder. He said he felt the rotator cuff was not torn and did not recommend an MRI to confirm this after I asked and recommended 3 day a week treatments at his physical therapy clinic. I went 3 times a week as requested and experienced no improvement and was in so much pain at night I could not sleep. Each visit I asked about an MRI, but was told it was not necessary. This went on or seven weeks. Finally, when I asked for the third time for something to help me sleep, he ordered an MRI. I had 3 tears, one a full thickness tear that would never have healed without surgery. After questions about this treatment, I went to a specialist in arthroscopic shoulder surgery and had surgery. I am doing fine now, but the delay in diagnosis because of his refusal to order the MRI caused unnecessary pain and time off of work. I would definitely get several opinions before proceeding with this doctor.

Fantastic Doctor

Brought my 13 year old child to Dr. Curtis for a 2nd opinion. 1st opinion Dr. wanted to do a major surgery, Dr. Curtis chose extensive PT and it worked! We have been back for numerous follow ups and what I really like about Curtis is how he makes my child responsible for her recovery and her rehabilitation. She is now 14 and back to her sport, which would not have happened if we went the surgery route. I have highly recommended him numerous times already and will continue to do so. Definetly worth the little bit of a wait in the waiting room.

the best doctor ever.....i had a torn acl and went thrtough surgery and i am good as new...thank-you dr curtis!!!=)

dr. curtis repaired my torn rotator cuff- he did an awesome job. it's as good as new!