Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ralph J Fernandez Jr
Dr. Ralph J Fernandez Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lafayette, LA. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Fernandez is affiliated with Women's & Children's Hospital. Dr. Fernandez has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ralph J Fernandez Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Ralph J Fernandez Jr has the following 12 expertise
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
Showing 5 of 32
I've been going to Dr. Fernandez for 27 years now.. Started when I miss carried.. He took the time with great compassion to explain to me.. It was nothing I did.. sometimes our bodies rejects something that's wrong all on its own... From there he was my Gynaecologist!! Still today I am very comfortable with doctor Fernandez and his staff, Thanks Doc for 27 years and counting :)
I'm not sure what the person before me is referring to.. however, I've been seeing Dr. Fernandez for a few years now. Before me, both my sister and mother have also been patients of his. Never have we EVER had a problem with him. Dr. Fernandez has went out of his way numerous of times for both my family and myself. He treats us like family. He is extra cautious with everything he does and genuinely cares about his patients. Anytime I have ever any complications or problems with my health, he has called me back within 10 minutes. I drive two hours for my doctor visits because I have yet to find a doctor that goes out of his way for my well being like Doctor Fernandez. I'd recommend him to anyone. His staff are pretty awesome too.
I was a patient for two years underwent two surgeries. Thought he was caring and compassionate. It's just a facade. Patty his nurse left and the current office staff is rude and incompetent.i had to see a specialist. But the day after I paid my balance in full I got no more help, no cooperation, from him or his staff what so ever. So if u just need a check up by all means go. But if something is wrong.....run run the other way!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Fernandez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Ralph J Fernandez Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAcadiana Womens Health Group, 4640 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy, Lafayette, LA
Dr. Ralph J Fernandez Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lafayette, LA.