Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ralph J Katsman
Dr. Ralph J Katsman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tacoma, WA, with other offices in Federal Way, WA and Tacoma, WA . He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Katsman is affiliated with St Joseph Medical Center, Mary Bridge Children's Hospital & Health Center and MultiCare Auburn Medical Center. Dr. Katsman has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Ralph J Katsman has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ralph J Katsman has the following 11 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Showing 3 of 16
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ralph J Katsman - Posted on May 30th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ralph J Katsman - Posted on February 6th, 2016
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Katsman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Dr. Ralph J Katsman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera MultiCare Connected Care
- Premera NW PHYS Network: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Ralph J Katsman
Dr. Ralph Katsman received his undergraduate degree from the University of Washington in Seattle and received his Medical Doctorate from the University of Washington School of Medicine. He went on to complete his Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine, a Fellowship in Gastroenterology, and a 3rd-Tier Gastroenterology Fellowship in Therapeutic Endoscopy and Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. Dr. Katsman is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. He is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology and American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. He has served on the Medical Staff Executive Committee of the Franciscan Health Systems and served two terms as the Chief of the Department of Medicine at St. Francis Hospital. Dr. Katsman enjoys spending time with his wife and two children, as well as running and playing tennis and basketball.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ralph J Katsman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.