Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ralph W Raper has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
- Nutritional Support
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Preventive Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Sometimes difficult to contact the office, but staff is friendly and will usually get me in quickly. I will go nowhere else for blood draws--Vickie is the best, quick and painless. Nurse Practitioners on staff (Dawn and Martha) are excellent and spend as much time with me as needed without feeling "moved along."
I like all the staff, they are all very helpful. I see nurse practitioner Dawn, and she is splendid. I appreciate the fact, that the Dr. is very busy, but I know I can get into see Dawn every time. She can write prescriptions and order test, just like the Dr. does. They take excellent care of me, and I am very glad I found their office. I would tell my family and friends about this place, and what a wonderful experience I've had there.
NO STARS AT ALL FOR THIS REVIEW. WHILE IT'S EASY TO GET AN APPOINTMENT YOU MAY WAIT AN HOUR AND A HALF. THEN YOU'LL PROBABLY NEVER SEE THE DOCTOR HIMSELF -- THEY'LL STICK YOU WITH AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE NURSE FOR THE SAME MONEY AS YOU'D PAY A DOCTOR. WHEN YOUR TEST RESULTS COME IN, THEY WON'T CALL YOU, NO MATTER WHAT THE RESULTS ARE. AND AFTER HOURS, THERE IS NO ANSWERING MACHINE OR REFERRAL NUMBER, ONLY A CURT VOICE SAYING GO TO THE HOSPITAL, GOODBYE! OH, THEY'RE RUDE, TOO!
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Raper is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1982
Oakwood Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Ralph W Raper accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRalph W Raper Md Pc, 7804 Allen Rd, Allen Park, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ralph W Raper in this video.
Dr. Ralph W Raper is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allen Park, MI.