Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ralph Richart
Dr. Ralph Richart, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakdale, NY, with other offices in New York, NY and New York, NY . He has 55 years of experience. His specialties include Pathology and Cytopathology. Dr. Richart is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell, NewYork-PresbyterianColumbia and New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia. He speaks English.
Dr. Ralph Richart has the following 2 specialties
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Similar to what pathologists do, cytopathologists analyze specimens in a lab to help your doctor diagnose your condition. However, cytopathologists primarily analyze cells from tissues, tumors and lesions in order to detect disease, whereas pathologists primarily focus on bodily fluid samples.
The most common example of this is pap smears, which cytopathologists use to detect and study the precursors to cervical cancer in women. Additionally, they help oncologists detect blood cancers and blood disorders. You can think of all pathologists as a type of lab consultant for doctors. You consult with your doctor and then he or she often consults with a pathologist who uses lab testing to confirm what they suspect your condition might be.
Dr. Ralph Richart has the following 24 expertise
- Blood Testing
- Breast Cancer
- Cervical Tumor (Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia, CIN)
- Colon Cancer
- Fluid Testing
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Neoplasm Invasiveness
- Neoplastic Cell Transformation
- Ovarian Cancer
- Papillomavirus Infections
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Surgical Pathology
- Tissue Biopsy
- Uterine Cancer
- Uterine Cancer (Uterine Cervical Neoplasm)
- Uterine Cervical Diseases
- Vaginal Cancer
- Vaginal Diseases
- Vulvar Cancer
Dr. Ralph Richart has 0 board certified specialties
Dr. Richart is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
New York Presbyterian / Westchester
55 Years Experience
University of Rochester
Graduated in 1958
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ralph Richart is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakdale, NY.