Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ralph Brown
Dr. Ralph Brown, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Towson, MD, with another office in Baltimore, MD. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Brown is affiliated with Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center & Hospital, Northwest Hospital Center and Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore. He speaks English.
Dr. Ralph Brown has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Birth Control
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Substance Abuse
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
He has been such a great pediatrician to both of my daughters- preschooler and infant. He spends a lot of time listening to parents. He is not patronizing to parents but appropriately directive. The morning timeslot for sick patients gives me a peace of mind that we can bring our sick child to Dr. Brown in the morning - if anything comes up.
Dr. Brown was my daughters pediatrician and now is my grandsons. i would have it no other way
Dr. Brown is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center & Hospital
Northwest Hospital Center
Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore
46 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University
Graduated in 1971
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Ralph Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ralph Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Towson, MD.