Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ram M Challapalli MD
Dr. Ram M Challapalli, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Redding, CA, with another office in Reno, NV. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. He speaks English.
Dr. Ram M Challapalli has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Ram M Challapalli has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Ram M Challapalli has the following 14 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 11
I am a patient
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ram M Challapalli - Posted on January 15th, 2019
I see Dr. Challapalli in Reno Nv. He's been my Doctor for 4 years.. He's very good at what he does, He listens and explains to me about my condition which is Left ventricle, non-compaction with progression a very rare condition, when ever i fell something is wrong he gets me right in and checks things out even goes as far as putting me on a heart halter and a ECG.. I have had very good results since being his patient .. Thank you very much for all you do for me
Did not care for me well. Major complications
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ram M Challapalli - Posted on June 28th, 2017
I trusted him to care for me and he failed. Another surgeon thankfully was ready and able to fix his devastating mistakes. I now have deficits and scars that are the direct result of this doctors mistakes. He never even came to see me in the 10-days (the majority being in the ICU) I was in the hospital following the major complications caused by this doctors callous and dismissive behaviors. I continue to recover at home and feel lucky to be alive. This doctor did not do the right things and did not treat me well -- at all!!!! I am forever scarred and forever fearful because of him!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ram M Challapalli - Posted on April 19th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ram M Challapalli - Posted on June 19th, 2015
29 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1990
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Ram M Challapalli Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- First Health PPO
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO My HPN MIPLAN BIEN Northern NV Plan HMO
- Health Plan of NV HMO Northern NV
- Hometown Health Commercial PPO
- Hometown Health Premier HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence N NV - HealthFirst HMO/POS Network Employer
- Prominence N NV - Premier HMO Employer
- Prominence N Nevada - Preferred Healthcare PPO Employer
- Sierra Health Northern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Ram M Challapalli
Dr. Challapalli earned his undergraduate degree at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois and was graduated from the University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, Texas. He completed a medical residency in internal medicine at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia. He completed a fellowship in cardiovascular medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, Ohio, and a fellowship in cardiac electrophysiology at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. Dr. Challapalli's professional interests include diagnostic and therapeutic electrophysiology and clinical cardiology. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and a member of the Heart Rhythm Society. He joined Sierra Nevada Cardiology Associates in 1998 after relocating from Chicago, Illinois.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ram M Challapalli is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Redding, CA.