Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. S Nair
Dr. S Nair, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Staten Island, NY, with other offices in Bronx, NY and Staten Island, NY (and 1 other location). He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Dr. Nair is affiliated with SVCMC St Vincent's Hospital Richmond, New York Community Hosp Of Br00klyn and Richmond University Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. S Nair has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
Dr. S Nair has the following 3 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
Dr. S Nair has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. S Nair is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Nair is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
SVCMC St Vincent's Hospital Richmond
New York Community Hosp Of Br00klyn
Richmond University Medical Center
Interfaith Medical Center - Brooklyn Jewish Division
Brooklyn Hospital Center
Interfaith Medical CenterJewish Hosp Med Ctr Of Brooklyn Div
Interfaith Medical Center
48 Years Experience
Gandhiji University Medical College
Graduated in 1965
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. S Nair is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.