Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ramani Peruvemba
Dr. Ramani Peruvemba, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rockville, MD. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. Dr. Peruvemba is affiliated with Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center. Dr. Peruvemba has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Ramani Peruvemba has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Back Pain
Showing 5 of 12
I read the other reviews and they are confusing to me because while I am not positive how long the actual medical results are going to last with the epidural procedure my mother had for back pain, the staff was extremely courteous and the staff and then the Dr. spent more than ample time discussing the issues and just making my mother feel comfortable. We are going to have the second in a series of epidurals, and I'm reserving judgement on the effectiveness, at my mother's advanced age, there are not a lot of options open for reconstructive surgery or other more cumbersome cures, so we are just trying to manage pain and mobility at this point.
He read the idea from another doctor and didn't bother to make his own diagnosis. He immediately wanted to block a nerve in my back. I told him I wanted to think about it. He stormed out of the room and didn't return. He told me he would send a prescription to the pharmacy. He cancelled it after I left and didn't bother to call me. I think he just wanted the money and really didn't want to bother with me.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Peruvemba is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1994
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Ramani Peruvemba accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPain Management Specialists, 15200 Shady Grove Rd Ste 302, Rockville, MD
Dr. Ramani Peruvemba is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockville, MD.