Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ramanujam Ramabadran
Dr. Ramanujam Ramabadran, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Platteville, WI, with another office in Dubuque, IA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Cardiology. Dr. Ramabadran is affiliated with Mercy Medical Center - Dubuque, UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital-Dubuque and Mercy Health Center, Dubuque, IA. He speaks English.
Dr. Ramanujam Ramabadran has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Ramanujam Ramabadran has the following 16 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Adolescent Medicine
- Blood Clot
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Ramanujam Ramabadran has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ramanujam Ramabadran is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
We took my Father-In-Law to Dr Ram for a 2nd opinion. Since we were visiting, he fit him in same day for a TE test that helped him confirm. His nurse, Lacey, is delightful. Dr Ram was personable, patient and knowledgable and went above and beyond to help schedule a best fit surgeon for our situation.
Dr. Ramabadran is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mercy Health Center, Dubuque, IA
Guttenberg Municipal Hospital
Mercy Medical Center - Dyersville
Mercy Health Center
Southwest Health Center
The Finley Hospital, Dubuque, IA
Grant Regional Health Center
Jackson County Public Hospital
18 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ramanujam Ramabadran in this video.
Dr. Ramanujam Ramabadran is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Platteville, WI.