Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ramesh K Nayyar has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chest Infection
- Angiographic Visualization
Showing 5 of 10
This doctor should not be practicing medicine as he does not even understand basic ideas. He is extremely rude and will not listen to what you need to tell him. His nurse are not nurses by any standards in the US, they do not know what they are doing., they use a blood pressure kit like you buy at the rdugstore, in his case, in 1970. His office is ou6dated and very unattractive, not to mention dirty and he stacks up patients before he even comes In.. He is a medicaid doctor but even poor people deserve basic care in a timely manner. Even if you are desperate do not go to the doctor,, he also makes all his patients wait for more than 3 hours and then he is terrible , most people can not afford a while day off just to see 1 doctor. HE WILL GO DOWN!!!
My sister was recently in the hospital and he was her Dr. I have never met a Dr who was so rude and obnoxious in my life. As her health care advocate I tried to ask him questions and he totally ignored me and when he did say anything it was always the same thing and very short. I would never recommend this Dr to anyone.
Dr Nayyar did not listen to a word I said. I never have been so rushed at a doctor's office. He ordered tests that my specialist had ordered and would not have if he had listened to me. I tried to explain things to him but he interrupted me repeatedly. I made a follow up and then canceled it. My visit was a waste of time and money.
52 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Englewood Hospital & Medical Center
Dr. Ramesh K Nayyar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPulmonary Medical Associates, 2580 Rhode Island Ave, Fort Pierce, FL
Dr. Ramesh K Nayyar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Pierce, FL.