Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ramesh L Patel has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ramesh L Patel has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 19
You never know which one of his associates you will see. They don't explain nothing and can be very rude when you ask questions. They are pill pushers so beware. I had to go to another dr to get an mri saying that I had a slipped disk. When I went to him he tried to push me pills for bursitis, which i didn't have and he didn't bother to test for either. If I had taken that medicine for a condition that i didn't need, who knows what would of happen. I came back with my mri results faxed to him and then he believed me. I am glad i had enough sense to refuse the medication without tests for a condition I didn't have. I am looking for a new doctor but please do not see this doctor nor his associates there. You rarely will see him or know who your getting visit to visit. Also they have you wait hours to be seen. The best thing about it is that the girls that work there as medical assistants and desk we're always nice to me. The doctors are rude and sarcastic.
Doctors who tell patients that their physical symptoms are in their mind and who overlook the obvious should not practice medicine. He told me that I'm putting these things in my mind and his associate told me that it was impossible for me to experince the symptoms I described. The results from a simple blood test proved that my symptoms were real and was due to a serious mineral deficiency. He requested tests for everything under the sun just to prove to me that nothing was wrong with me, while he overlooked the obvious. Thank God I have health insurance and I could easily go to another doctor to seek help. He continuously made sarcastic remarks when I asked for copies of my lab results on my follow-up visit. "Why do you want copies, to frame them and put them on the wall?" Even after I answered him (as if I have to justify my request) he continued to interrupt me throughout my visit to repeat the same sarcastic and childish sentiment: "Yes, you want to frame it and put it on the wall...." Shame on him, his associate and all the other doctors like him who don't respect their patients enough to listen to them and to take them seriously. This office has walk in which is very convenient but they defeat the purpose because they consistently keep their patients waiting over an hour even when there is but a handful of patients. There are better doctors offices and better doctors.
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
North General Hospital
Dr. Ramesh L Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEssex Renal And Medical Group, 707 S Orange Ave, South Orange, NJ
Dr. Ramesh L Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Orange, NJ.