Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Ramin Zabihi
Dr. Ramin Zabihi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mission Viejo, CA, with another office in Fountain Valley, CA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Zabihi is affiliated with Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Zabihi has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ramin Zabihi has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ramin Zabihi has the following 12 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Colon Cancer
- Fatty Liver
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Dr. Ramin Zabihi has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ramin Zabihi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 44
My other gastroenterologist was not able to complete my colonoscopy. He oredered a CT scan and It appeared I have a Tumor in the other side of the colon where it was not examined by my other gastro doctor. I was sent to have surgery but my surgeon said he wanted to attempt one more time with another gastroenterologist. He then recommended Dr Zabihi. He is very personable and caring. He has many years of experience and did my colonoscopy. He was able to complete the colonoscopy and there was no tumor. He saved me from one unnecessary surgery. I found his care and experience helping me and recommended him to another friend of mine who had similar experience.
He was my Doctor for about 8 months. I was extremely ill and he kept telling me I had acid and gas. He gave me a EGD and said again I has acid and gas.I kept telling him I had no acid. None. He didn't listen. Then it was time to take the next step and do a esophageal manometry. He explained because I had poor insurance It would be difficult to get the next test. I heard nothing from him for about a month. I GOT MYSELF A NEW DOCTOR ..... The test he said that would be hard for me to get has been done and now I go see the specialist because I have something called achalasia. I have finally been diagnosed. Now I'm going to get help. *note, I told Dr Zabihi I think I may have achalasia because all my symptoms match up.. He told me no and still would not listen to me. This doctor did nothing but ignore and neglect me.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Zabihi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Iran University Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1982
Loyola University Medical Center
Dr. Ramin Zabihi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ramin Zabihi, MD - Gastroenterology in Mission Viejo, CA, in this video.
Dr. Ramin Zabihi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mission Viejo, CA.