Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ramiro D Mercado
Dr. Ramiro D Mercado, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Mercado is affiliated with Presence St Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center-Division St Campus. Dr. Mercado has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Ramiro D Mercado has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Lactose Intolerance
- Colorectal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hiatal Hernia
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Colorectal Surgery
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Quiero mencionar que mi experiencia en la oficina del Dr.Mercado fue muy negativa.Tiene el personal mas despota y mal educado que he visto en una oficina medica.Sumamente incompetente.La office manager piensa que por que es la hija del Dr. lo sabe todo. Realmente esta chica olvida que quien tiene los titulos es su papa y no ella. La asistente medico es un lastre.Y tiene tiene una senora mayor antipatica, grosera y poco amable. El tiempo de espera es demasiado, los referridos nunca estan a tiempo. El Dr. necesita una manager como la que tenia anteriormente.Esta chica si era educada, siempre tenia una sonrisa y hacia lo imposible por ayudar al paciente.Cuando ella ministraba la oficina del Dr.era un placer pues tenia la mejor de las actitudes. Que pena por que el personal que tienen ahora es patetico.Y el Dr.no tiene ni voz ni voto. Creo que no sabe el desastre que tiene por personal. Que pena.....
Staff is very rude in this office. Staff has no manners whether via phone or in person..I informed that I prefer to switch to a different doctor..staff called me back to yell in my ear that i cannot choose Dr. Mercado again...Dr. Mercado...You have terrible unconsiderate staff working for you....It's a shame because you are not a bad Dr....but your staff makes you look different
I HAVE BEEN HIS PATIENT FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS AND WILL CONTINUE WITH DR MERCADO AS LONG AS HE PRACTICES IN ILLINOIS. HE IS GENUINE IN WANTING TO HELP AND FIND THE CORRECT DIAGNOSIS. HE WILL SPEND THE NECESSARY TIME WITH YOU REGARDLESS OF HOW BUSY HIS DAY IS AND WILL SHOW YOU THE ATTENTION YOU DESERVE.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Mercado is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Mary Nazareth Hospital Center
Dr. Ramiro D Mercado accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPreferred Open Mri, 1431 N Western Ave Ste 201, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ramiro D Mercado in this video.
Dr. Ramiro D Mercado is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.