Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Ramon Carrillo
Dr. Ramon Carrillo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Miami, FL. His specialties include Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Ramon Carrillo has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ramon Carrillo has the following 12 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Weight Loss
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Ramon Carrillo has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
I think it's HORRIBLE that Dr. Carrillo asked meâ¦ on my last visit to his office, "If I have health insurance, which company and which plan"? As if that will determine the level of healthcare that he will provide for me. Also, every single time I see him, whether it's for a check-up or a cold or flu, he treats me as if I have the Ebola virus and refers me to a specialist and then "scoots" me out of the office. He needs to retire or step up his level of care. Do not go to him!!!
Whoever wrote the review saying the average wait time is 30 mins. is high on something, or works at the Dr's office for sure. Average wait time is 2-3 hrs. If your wait is 2 hrs. consider yourself very lucky. It's usually 3 hrs. Dr. Carillo is a great doctor but his office ethics towards respecting a patient's time and how his staff treats patients on phone calls and following thru on promises made by staff really SUCKS. Sorry Carillo...I'm done tolerating this without correction on your part. I hope your getting really rich with all this overbooking you do.
Hi, Im "Linda" from Dr. Ramon Carrillo's office, I have been a patient and an employee of Dr. Carrillo for over 10 years and assure you that my professionalisms exceeds it's limits. I care to my patients accordingly and make sure all requests are processed within the same day. If you requested to speak with the doctor, I assure you the message will be given and he will return the call within the same day, he even makes home phone calls late at night because his main priority is the care of his patients (this is addressed to rater #2 David? I assure you your medication was placed in the pharmacy as all of our call are documented in the patients record. Yes we do have a large amount of patients and the wait may be long some times due to emergency appointments but again I assure you when the doctor gets to you his undevided attention and his only priority is the patient he is attending to. With that said, I would like to assure that Dr. Carrillo is one of the most caring and professionals I've ever met and I've learned alot from him. Thank you.
i visited the doctors office with a CAT SCAN report from a hospital. The doctors at the hospital discovered calcification near my heart while scanning fro kidney stones.while i did not have to wait long to see the doctor, its became clear why, the doctor spent NO time with me as was more concerned about how he will get paid verses saving my life. the low level of concern of concern for my health was surprising and shocking. DO NOT GO...
Jackson Health System
Dr. Ramon Carrillo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPreferred Care Medical Group, 2974 SW 8th St, Miami, FL
Dr. Ramon Carrillo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.