Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ramon Ravelo
Dr. Ramon Ravelo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in New York, NY. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine. Dr. Ravelo is affiliated with North General Hospital and Woodhull Medical/Mental Hlth Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Ramon Ravelo has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
Dr. Ramon Ravelo has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 25
Dr Ravelo's office is run with the attitude t h at you can and will wait as many hours as it takes for you to be seen I have been seeing him for about 9 months now and each appointment that I had I had to wait 2and a half or three hours. Then his office doesn't do the billing well either because they were billing the wrong insurance company. As a result he took it out on me and gave me the bums rush to to get me out of his office as fast as possible. He said " you have to learn to wait". Another Dr Ravel quotes is don't pay any attention to him meaning a loved one of mine. I can't believe how ignorant he is sometimes. How do you say that to a person who suffers from anxiety? That is like telling me to shut off my brain.
Dr Ravelo recently became the resident Psychiatrist at Canton-Potsdam Hospital in Northern NY after almost 25 years with no resident psychiatrist on staff. I moved to this area a few years ago after having lived in metropolitan areas where there were plenty of doctors to choose from. When I heard that Ravelo was coming up here from NYC I was a little skeptical. Well, he has been amazing - the best psychiatrist that I have ever had (I have seen 3 total). He is extremely thorough in your first meeting and sincerely seems to want to work with you to get things straightened out. It is obvious that he is very experienced and knowledgeable based on his questions and comments. Very kind, thoughtful, and sensitive doctor. After being here only six months, I believe that he is no longer accepting new patients - people just went running to him. :)
Dr. Ravelo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
North General Hospital
Woodhull Medical/Mental Hlth Center
30 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Santo Domingo (UASD)
Graduated in 1983
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ramon Ravelo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.