Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ramon A Urdaneta has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Showing 5 of 11
This is not so much an indictment of Dr. Urdaneta as it is about the practice he recently left - called Florida Diabetes & Endocrine Center. ( Grand name - pedestrian practice... ) I had an appointment scheduled for 2 months and was called the day of my appointment to be told that Dr. Urdaneta wouldn't be in that day. I re-scheduled for the following week. Then 2 days before that appointment the office "staff" ( this individual should be in the wonderful world of fast food ... ) called me to tell me that Dr. Urdaneta had separated from the practice and that they would call me back to schedule me with another endocrinologist. Meanwhile, my lab results had already been sent to this practice. It has now been a week and not only has no one called me back but I have not been able to get a "live" person on the phone - only the devil known as voicemail. I'm 'bout ready to storm into this office and demand my lab results so that I can make an appointment with a professional instead of these bozos. Two BIG thumbs down as Roger Ebert would say!
He is always in a rush. Horrible bedside manners, doesn't spend enough time with the patient, interrupts patient, doesn't care about patient's diabetes related problems. Eager to write a new prescription and move on to the next patient. No compassion anymore...not the way I used to know him...unfortunately. I know he is a good guy, but something/someone seems to be pushing him that he sees as many patients as possible. Could it be possible that FH is more interested in paying for that new highly modern equipped Diabetes and Endocrine Center...? Not on my health. I am out of there...
horrible bedside manner. confrontational, belittling, uninterested. mocked my education and paraded like a peacock. completely uninterested in my symptoms and couldn't get his nose out of my chart. wouldn't let me finish a sentence, and when I did try to say something he cut me off rudely. When he listened to my heart, on the LEFT side of my chest, his entire hand was flat and pressing against my right breast. I have had enough physical exams to know that that is completely unnecessary--and it has never happened before. I was extremely uncomfortable. What a complete waste of time and money. He had an opinion about me before he walked into the room. He intimated that I was trying to use thyroid pills to lose weight! Never mind the rest of my symptoms that are unraveling my life. Jerk.
38 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Ramon A Urdaneta accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBay Pines Va Health Care System, 10000 Bay Pines Blvd, Bay Pines, FL
Dr. Ramon A Urdaneta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bay Pines, FL.