More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ramsey Shehab has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Macular Degeneration
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Osteochondritis Dissecans
- Tennis Elbow
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Sports Medicine
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Retinal Detachment
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
The absolute worst experience with a doctor to date. Unbelievably arrogant individual that clearly perceives himself to be better than his patients. I called ahead and advised his office that I would be 10 minutes late to our appointment. Upon checking in I was told that this doctor refused to treat me. After explaining to him that I checked in and have been waiting, he decided to "test" my honestly by asking the staff if I was being truthful. He then relectuantly agreed to see me. His first communication to me was accusing me of lying to him and his staff. Wait, what? I was totally appalled. He then rushed through the rest of the appointment. It was as if he was doing me a favor. Save yourself the time and find a more humble and caring physician.
I agree with other reviewer to a tee. No follow up and refuses to see me. He gave me a cortizone shot in my hip and I collasped after getting home. I had to crawl to my door. He wont respond to emails , phone calls and had nurse call me and said go to pain clinic. Cant be more unprofessional. This is the 1st review I have ever made on a doctor because I feel its justified. I am going to call Henry Ford Administration and express my concerns. Staff was good where I was at. It was just him and he dont give a hoot.
16 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Ramsey Shehab accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ramsey Shehab is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dearborn, MI.