Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ramzi M Nassar has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I have called and left messages twice, sent and email and got no response back. I went in to the office and spoke with the gal at the front desk last week. She had me fill out some paper work and told me they would get back with me in a few days. It's been another week and still no response back About my appointment. I will not be using them and I have also informed my doctor about this so they he doesn't send patients to Nassar any more.
Excellent Psychiatrist, he's such a great listener and was very straight forward. I love the fact that he's actually paying attention to everything you say and he's really engaged with you as a patient. No nurse taking notes, no clicking a computer to put in your symptoms. No wonder why he's rated very well. Very helpful, considerate physician. I'm overly excited with the fact I doing such an awesome physician.
Very casual friendly approach and is spot on addressing the problem. His hmm lets try this which hits the nail on the head. Even when he doesnt know he makes suggestions and who to talk to. I cannot find anything to dislike about him or his professional approach for treating me. He has earned my respect. Even if he might help I would highly recommend seeing him.
fantastic doctor. he has been my doctor for over 8 years now. he is very professional and truly caring. i would recommend him to anyone. he always works w/me and doesn.t just tell me what to do. works w/patients and tailors to their needs. compassionate. i recommend him to anyone who is in need of a doctor for any psych issues.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
27 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Ramzi M Nassar accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlliance Behavioral Medicinellc, 4048 Laurel St Ste 305, Anchorage, AK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ramzi M Nassar in this video.
Dr. Ramzi M Nassar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.