Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Randall L Lais has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Randall L Lais has the following 14 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Randall L Lais is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Broke left femur into on diagonal in June 2010. Slipped in my kitchen. He assured me that he could repair my leg. He did and I don't have any complications at all from this . I used a walker about 1 year. Then I put it in the garage and have never used it since. He is a very caring trauma surgeon who follows through all the way from your surgery until you're healed. I tell everyone about him, my experience and that I would not hesitate one minute to go back to him if needed. I still have your business card after 7 years. Thank you Dr. Lais for saving my leg and my life. I will never forget you and will forever be Grateful you were their for me.
Dr. Lais is not only an amazing surgeon, he is anew honest and thoughtful individual. I believe if I would have had any other trauma surgeon I would have lost my leg. I had a car accident that fractured bi-lateral tibia's, fractured acetabulum, 14 broken ribs, and a heimotoma on my right thigh. I also contracted a horrible staff infection in my thigh as well as on the suture area of my hip. Dr. Lais did numerous irrigation and debris to remove infected tissue. He constantly assured me that I would not lose my leg. Dr. Lais is the only doctor I have ever had that I felt truly had concern for me and my well being. He even accompanied me to speak with my infections disease doctor and the wound care physician at Baylor medical center. You couldn't ask for a better surgeon.
I was Careflighted in with my leg hanging by a shred from a motorcycle accident. The bone was totally shattered, but Dr. Lais put it back on and after subsequent surgeries I walk on it with only a cane. As healing continues it is unlikely that the cane will be needed. My opinon is that Dr. Lais is an excellent surgeon who will help you get well. He kept me informed and made my options clear as we worked through a year of treatment. I am grateful for his skill and care.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
27 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1991
University Of Maryland Medical System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Orthopaedic Associates, 2778 N Webb Rd, Wichita, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Randall L Lais in this video.
Dr. Randall L Lais is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wichita, KS.