Dr. Randall Peairs Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Randall Peairs?

No Bedside Manner

Posted on June 17th, 2016

I am a nurse who was trained in Scranton and worked in several university hospitals in Philadelphia and NYC. I accompanied my mother for her recent Avastin treatment by Dr. Peairs and was absolutely stunned by his "lack of bedside manner" - No hello, how are you? Rather calling out demands: lay back, close your mouth. Very disconcerting to see my mother treated in that way.

I had cataracts!

Posted on May 5th, 2014

Dr Randy Ray Peairs fixed my eyes. The problem is that now my wife looks a lot uglier!!!!

Conflicted

Posted on October 17th, 2013

I am conflicted about leaving a mostly negative review because I believe Dr. Peairs is highly skilled doctor; my only problem is his bedside manner. First, NEI left me feeling like the patients were cattle being herded to and fro, and the staff was under strict orders to move as fast as possible. I think most people accept that these days, but the elderly move a bit slower and don't need to feel rushed. Nothing was explained to the patient (my elderly mother). My mother is very intelligent and that did not diminish with her advanced age. Before we knew it the examination was over, surgery appointments were scheduled, and we were out the door feeling a bit flustered at how fast that all happened. It's important to move slower with the elderly and equally important to show patience and explain what is wrong and what can be done about it. Gray on the roof does not mean reduced intellect or understanding! There was one blonde nurse who was very pretty and sensitive to my mother's needs, but I can't remember her name! When we go back I will be sure to get it and edit this review or post another one. I wish people in the medical field would understand that any new diagnosis and treatment can be overwhelming to an elderly person and the doctor/staff should take time to explain what's going on, the options, and the ramifications of putting off treatment or going ahead with treatment, etc. That said, I believe that the doctors at NEI are very knowledgeable and I wouldn't go anywhere else. I just wish they would all slow down just a bit.

Posted on November 3rd, 2016