Dr. Randell Bauman Is this you?

2.1

Neutral

Posted on January 24th, 2011

After a few brief but memorable and negative interactions with him, I wish that the Women's Clinic midwives worked with a different OBGYN. Despite repeated assurances of his competence from their staff, I hope to minimize any future contact with him. Unfortunate for them and for us.

Fine as a GYN, who knows about OB...

Posted on February 20th, 2010

I'll admit he can be a bit off-putting with his bedside manner -- perhaps a bit more abrupt than I would like. He called me and yelled at me/scolded me once because he thought I went into an MRI "knowing" I was pregnant or maybe pregnant (no indications of this, and was on birth control), as they thought they saw an "early pregnancy" on the MRI, before having me take a pregnancy test to confirm I was NOT in fact pregnant.He can be a bit abrupt, but he seems to be knowledgeable. He performed surgery on me and it seems to have been quite successful (removal of polyps). Before surgery, he was very good about getting all the required tests ordered, and made sure to answer all of my questions, and I asked A LOT of questions. He was quite patient with me. I have another condition that could have affected the surgery's outcome and he was aware of this and worked well with me to avoid any complications.He drew pictures for me at two visits (and though he's no Monet,) they were very helpful. He explained the various things that COULD happen and what he would do if they should arise and made sure I was comfortable with him. I was comfortable with his knowledge and skill, even if I was a bit off-put by his manner. He even asked me once if I had any "boyfriends lurking in the bushes" (I'm married), to make sure I wasn't at risk of an STD/STI or anything else that could be causing the problem. I kind of found that to be offensive, but at the same time, I think it was important that he asked, because some people will lie to their docs about this and he was just TRYING to be a people-person and gentle in how he asked, even if he failed miserably, I'm sure it is important that he knows.I guess I mainly felt that he was condescending more than I would have liked, but I'm only here for a few years, so I'll deal with it. He's not my primary doc, but he came highly recommended by my primary doc, whom I LOVE and is great.He performed the surgery on me and it was successful and he checked up with me afterward, and came in before to check on me as well. I would say that I might have to interview him further, should I become pregnant while living here. I'm not sure on his views on C-sections, but I'm not looking to have one, if I can avoid it and he told me a risk of my surgery, depending where the growths were -- might result in me having C-sections (ONLY) in the future. I'm not okay with that, but he said it so nonchalantly that it has me worried that he's pro-medical intervention. I would like to see his data on C-sections vs. natural births and such before considering him as a doc for me should I become pregnant while living here.

Posted on November 2nd, 2009

Basic solution to unfamiliar diagnosis is to perform a histerectomy, which may or may not be the only option. Inconsistant with information given to patient and other in my circle of care. 2nd opinions are a must.

He should have been an undertaker

Posted on April 6th, 2009