Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Louis R Chisholm has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Louis R Chisholm has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 13
My family has been seeing Dr. Chisholm for 20 years. He has always been attentive to our needs. Both he & his nurse, Nancy, have gone above & beyond for us. He has "saved" my mother on several occasions. He has worked wonders with my husband & has been able to get thngs under control that "specialist" couldn't! He is very knowledgable & personable & he has a great bedside manner.
My first appointment with Dr. Chisholm was nice, took his time and listened carefully. I had several follow up appointments which required his nurse to call me; she assured me she would the next day and never did. I had to call multiple times (with long hold times) and the receptionists said they will forward my message and then call me. Over a whole week I was unable to get an answer and the rudeness of the staff and nurse is very disappointing.
I've been seeing Dr. Chisholm since I was 18 and I'm in my 40s now. He is a very nice guy who takes time to listen to your concerns. I feel he's always treated the issues I have gone to him for. Sometimes I do feel if I mention something, he doesn't give me as full as an explanation as I'd like...I sometimes have to push him to expand on it.
I have been seeing DR Chisholm for 17 years. He is as knowledgeable of a family DR as I have ever met. He is friendly, and seems to care about his patients.
41 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1977
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Dr. Louis R Chisholm accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsL Randolph Chisholm Md, 15769 Wc Main St, Midlothian, VA
Dr. Louis R Chisholm is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Midlothian, VA.