Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Randy A Alanko has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Alanko listens to your assessment of yourself and relates that to medical information instead of telling you about you. He is up to date with current procedures. He is also a "friend" in his demeanor, which goes a long way toward building trust. He also looks at ALL your symptoms to determine what the underlying issue might be. I feel blessed to find him. Our country now relies primarily on little boy PAs that know nothing about medicine and do little for people, thereby harming more than helping. They look at only the symptom and treat it while ignoring the overall health, missing things like pre-diabetic dangers. Great way for clinics to make more money though.
Dr. Alanko is never in a hurry and listens to me completely. He explains every aspect of treatment for my husband and me. He never hesitates to refer us to a specialist if he feels we would be better served. His office always calls back with test results and promptly returns calls for concerns. He is the family doctor who knows all about us from days long gone. He has been our family doctor for over 20 years, and hopefully for another 20.
37 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Upper Pen Med Educ Prog
Dr. Randy A Alanko accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Summit
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEagle Cap Clinic Pc, 3705 Midway Dr, Baker City, OR
Dr. Randy A Alanko is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baker City, OR.