Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Randy L Calisoff
Dr. Randy L Calisoff, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL, with other offices in Chicago, IL and Maywood, IL . He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Calisoff has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Randy L Calisoff has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Randy L Calisoff has the following 8 expertise
- Chronic Pain
- Nerve Damage
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Surgery Recovery
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Randy L Calisoff has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Randy L Calisoff is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
I have been a patient of Dr. Calisoff for 1 year. I can honestly say that he is one of the best pain physicians that I have ever worked with. He takes the time to listen to my concerns, is very knowledgeable and is very thorough. In today's society where there are physicians who focus on how many patients they can see in one day, I do not get this impression when I visit Dr. Calisoff. I actually look forward to my visit with him.
Dr. Calisoff is such a kind and caring doctor. I saw him for 3 or 4 years. During this time he always asked me how things were going with school, work, and my social life, and he seemed genuinely interested in me as a person and not just a patient. With his help I was able to decrease my medication dosage by more than half without increasing my pain. There were times when I felt frustrated because he refused to increase my dose, but in the long run I'm very grateful that he stood firm and didn't let my pain tolerance to shoot through the roof like it was when I first started seeing him. This shows how much he cared about my health and wanted the best for me, even if I didn't understand it at the time. The office staff and nurses at RIC are amazing too. Everyone is so friendly. I sadly had to say goodbye to Dr. Calisoff when I moved to PA for school. Thankfully I was able to find a new pain management doctor here, but he doesn't compare to Dr. Calisoff.
This is a very experienced and compassionate physician who takes the time to listen to your concerns and needs in the clinic. He has an excellent knowledge of pain medications and does not treat you like a "number." I have been seeing him for the past 2 years and I am glad that he is a part of my care team and I trust him implicitly.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
13 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Randy L Calisoff accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Randy L Calisoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.