Dr. Randy Horwitz Is this you?

4.8

Have you seen Dr. Randy Horwitz?

Amazing experience

Posted on November 23rd, 2016

Took forever to get an appointment--he was full for almost 3 months! I went to see Dr. H based upon his Allergy background, but he is also an Integrative Medicine doc. It was a very thorough evaluation of my life--not just my asthma. Ive NEVER had a doctor ask so many questions or try to get to know me. I kept looking at my watch because we met for nearly 2 hours!! The advice I got was so complete, even with diet information. An amazing experience.

Randy J. Horowitz, MD, PhD

Posted on August 13th, 2013

I graduated as a registered nurse from the U of A College of Nursing nearly 20 years ago, so I can honestly say that it has been a very long time since I've met a physician of the caliber of Dr. Horowitz. Dr. Horowitz is an amazing and compassion physician who is incredibly intelligent and thinks outside the box. He is one of the most caring individuals I've met in a long time, calling to mind the great Karen Smith, MD, rheumatologist, herself, who was just as wonderful and smart & kind (as well as quite missed by her previous patients since she moved her medical pratice out of town). The most impressive thing about Dr. Horowitz - aside from his intelligence, his compassion and his innovative way of approaching medicine - is that Dr. Horowitz LISTENS, and you know it. You're not just talking to a face that is tuning your words out, or busy tapping a patient assessment into a computer. Dr. Horowitz's only concern appears to be for his patients well-being and recovering wellness to the best of his/her ability. A specific time format doesn't enter the equation during an appointment with Dr. Horowitz at the AZ Center for Integrative Medicine, thus he gives each patient the time they require in order to get a clear understanding of the problem(s), patient symptoms, what has worked (& more importantly, what has not) and what can be utilized to try to turn things around in the right direction. In addition to treating patients, Dr. Horowitz still teaches medical students, and interns up through fellows at the largest teaching hospital in town, thus is always in a state of acquiring new knowledge & perpetual learning himself. And, he puts that knowledge to use in dynamic ways. Dr. Horowitz practices integrative medicine as taught by Dr. Andrew Weil, incorporating a wholeness to medicine not seen outside this area of specialty. I urge anyone with an intractable chronic illness who has suffered, has felt let down by allopathic medicine the way it is practiced presently, and has essentially given up hope to please go visit Dr. Horowitz - he really cares & will do everything in his vast experience (that no one else has thought or known to do) to help you feel better to the very best of your ability. Due to being let down over & over again since my symptoms first began appearing in 1998, suffering daily and with nothing left available to me in traditional medical treatment, I was not enthusiastic about going to yet another doctor that had nothing left to offer me (let alone any hope) however, had I decided not to go I would have made one of the biggest mistakes in my life. I also came away with something tangible I haven't had, or even dared to dream of having in a very long time - hope.

Posted on May 6th, 2010

great experience. He is one of the best docs that I have seen

Posted on February 24th, 2010

superb docter

The Best Doctor I have Ever Seen

Posted on October 15th, 2008

He is the most caring, intelligent and thorough doctor I have ever seen

Posted on April 16th, 2017