Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Walter R Martin has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
Dr. Walter R Martin has the following 12 expertise
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Decerebrate State
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
Dr. Walter R Martin has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 4
Doctor Martin is by far, the best Pulmonary/Infectious care Physician in the greater Sacramento area, California and the U.S. I have had numerous complications, infections ( Staph, Pseudomonas,MRSA,etc) and Dr. Martin was always there for me, my family and a diagnosis/plan of action mixed with an comforting bedside manner I have never experienced prior, in my over 300 nights in the hospital. When I was in the hospital, Doctor Martin would check up on me at least twice daily, with an upbeat positive attitude, a great sense of humor but most importantly, a proper, concise and confident diagnosis/prognosis that he explained to me in a language I could easily understand. I consider Doctor Martin more than just a Doctor, I also consider him as a savior and a friend. Dr. Martin literally saved my life on 3 separate occasions by diagnosing what other doctors had missed. Doctor Martin is the real life version of Dr.Gregory House, (the television show doctor that went to extreme measures to heal his patients)with the one major exception; Dr. Martin is humble, sensitive, humorous and a real Doctor who performs miracles on a daily basis. I can't thank Dr. Martin enough for all he has done for me and my family. He deserves 10 stars out of a maximum of 4 stars. He's that good!
34 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. Walter R Martin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & DirectionsPulmonary Medical Associates, 5 Medical Plaza Dr Ste 190, Roseville, CA
Dr. Walter R Martin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roseville, CA.