Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ranganayaki Yalavarthi
Dr. Ranganayaki Yalavarthi, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Odessa, TX. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Yalavarthi is affiliated with Odessa Regional Hospital, Medical Center Hospital and Ector County Hospital District. She speaks English.
Dr. Ranganayaki Yalavarthi has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Ranga is a good doctor for allergies in children. She would have been better suited for this field. However, she is too obsessed with children who are overweight even if it is only 3-4 lbs. I cringed each time my children had to go in for a visit knowing that the dreaded scales with be cause for yet another lecture. She also failed to listen to me with my newborn and he has since been diagnosed with a number of life-threatening problems. Her reasoning was that I was just been overly emotional.
Dr. Yalavarthi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Odessa Regional Hospital
Medical Center Hospital
Ector County Hospital District
Odessa Regional Medical Center
35 Years Experience
Sri Venkateshwaraa Medical College
Graduated in 1978
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Ranganayaki Yalavarthi accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions540 W 5th St, Odessa, TX
Dr. Ranganayaki Yalavarthi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Odessa, TX.