Dr. Rania Rifai-Loewenberg Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rania Rifai-Loewenberg?

Life Saver

Posted on July 7th, 2015

Dr. Loewenberg is thorough, patient, and cooperative with the patient. I feel like she's my advocate. In my opinion she's a careful and accurate diagnostician who can determine the differences between Lyme, Bartonella, ehrlichiosis, babesiosis and other TBDs and offer the best choices (not just one) for treatment.

Posted on June 15th, 2015

Caring, compassionate and extremely thorough . Having been treated by physicians at the Mt Kisco Medical Group with misdiagnosis, rudeness , no time to listen just prescription pad in hand I now have renewed respect for the medical profession. I am finally being diagnosed and treated with great improvement.

Lyme Disease

Posted on April 27th, 2014

I am alive today because of this doctor! Yes most insurances do not cover the cost of IV or other treatments, but my husband and I decided was the money to get well or to bury me! She gave me my life back and I thank her from the bottom of my heart. Also I can not say enough for her staff. They are warm and caring just like her!!!

Keeps me up & running with a smile

Posted on April 25th, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. Lowenberg's for 17 years. I drive an hour each way to see her. She and her staff go out of their way to accommodate my every need...making it possible for me to handle a high stress job & stay in the game. I highly recommend her and her staff. I'm lucky to have found her.

Posted on March 28th, 2013

Dr Rania is an amazing dr who has helped me out when I didn't have insurance. And no I am not a lymes patient! She saved my life getting me in for the right tests and wasextremely thorough. I don't wait 2 hrs to see her - I drive 2 hrs to see her. She is not only a very competent dr but a great person. I have been her patient for 10 yrs. I would never change drs.

Lucky Patient

Posted on April 12th, 2012

I am so fortunate to have found Dr. Loewenberg. She is very proactive in her practice of medicine, committed to both cure and prevention. My previous doctors gave up on me before I was well, or refused to treat when I felt it was necessary. Following an entire winter of terrible bronchitis that my (then) doctor could not cure, I ended up on Dr. Lowenberg's doorstep. She had me feeling better within a week, and continued follow-up visits until my cough had completely disappeared. I also completely disagree with the person who left the one star review. In my experience, all doctors will file with your insurance company; there is nothing unusual about that. I was eventually diagnosed with Lyme Disease too, but Dr. Loewenberg treated me via conventional, oral antibiotics for as long as that was effective. She never jumped in with a regimen of IV treatments when more moderate approaches worked. Thank goodness she is one of the few doctors who understands the appropriate management of Lyme Disease, and knows how and when to treat it aggressively if that becomes necessary. It is unfortunate that some insurance companies will not pay for aggressive treatment of chronic Lyme Disease, but that is not within Dr. Loewenberg's control. Her job is to put the interests of her patients first, and she does that 100%.

Posted on March 21st, 2012

Dr Loewenberg is a good old fashioned doctor!! She actually interviews and examines the patient, using her clinical skills to assess the patient. Hats off to her!!

Pleasant Experience

Posted on March 3rd, 2012

This doctor is a great diagnostician, she called something from I had a mile away and in doing so saved me from a potentially serious situation. The office has a community-like feeling and the staff is great. Will return in the future.

Beware--not the best option inBe this area

Posted on September 21st, 2011

This doctor is very personable and performs a very thorough physical examination, but I believe she takes advantage of the desperation of Lyme patients. There are better choices for Lyme doctors. Unusually for this field, she will file with your insurance, but be warned that unless you have a premium plan, there is NO WAY you will be covered, and you will end up paying out of pocket. In addition, her aggressive protocol is not covered by many insurances, and it requires DAILY visits to her office. I believe that her protocol is the most expensive treatment for Lyme disease in the U.S., and it is not any more effective than that of other doctors. Her practice is also incredibly disorganized, and a two-hour wait to see the doctor is commonplace. Beware. Talk to another Lyme specialist and get cost estimates before you decide to go with her program.

Posted on July 2nd, 2017