Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ranjan Mahajan has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Holter monitoring
- EOL Care
- Myocardial Infarction
- Urinary Incontinence
- Dementia Testing
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Sexual Disorders
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Alzheimer's Disease
Showing 5 of 14
I went to this office and had a very pleasant experience with a nurse practioner. I recommended my wife go here as well. The doctor was rude and demeaning to her, he belittled her and she left the office crying. This is in no way professional behavior and we will be seeking medical advice elsewhere from now on.
Judgmental. Also, since he and his wife practice together in the same building I asked if she would perform a routine Pap smear. I was looked at as if I had gone crazy to even insinuate such a demeaning task as a pap. However, the Pap was performed and I was asked to please consult with a GYN next time. Fine. When I presented with intestinal parasites from international travels as a mission worker, he made me feel ridiculed and wanted very much to disprove me even though I had even brought in a valid specimen. I felt he under treated my condition. I also have chronic Lyme that was not diagnosed by him and felt to be stigmatized as a "crazy pain pill seeker" after my complaints of crippling arthritis, extreme fatigue, drenching sweats, my life so compromised I was reduced to a shower seat and wheelchair as needed. After much suffering and hospitalization a very thorough rheumatologist saved my life and I was properly treated after being humiliated by Dr Mahajan and yes, even once being asked to leave his office without being checked as I was tachycardic, profusely losing electrolytes, in dire pain and suffering and so my physical appearance was "grotesque ". The nurse tried to escort me off the premises saying I needed to just simply call 911 and that Dr. M did not have reason to see me. I was saved in that hospital by seeing that rheumatologist whom my husband had sought out and found through a network of other physicians in the Pinellas area. I had no idea that not only did I come back positive for Lyme, but I also had a pituitary adenoma that was wrecking havoc all over my body as well. The office aesthetics are beautiful, that's the only thing I can really say positively.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Maimonides Medical Center
Dr. Ranjan Mahajan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMahajan Medical Center, 150 Clearwater Largo Rd N Ste 1, Largo, FL
Dr. Ranjan Mahajan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Largo, FL.