Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ranjan K Thakur has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ranjan K Thakur has the following 14 expertise
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Pericardial Effusion
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Sudden Cardiac Death
- Atrial Flutter
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Supraventricular Tachycardia
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
- Heart Block
- Rapid Heart Beat (Tachycardia)
Showing 5 of 6
I received a phone call from Dr. Thakur's office after he saw my 87-year-old uncle. They had recommended a pacemaker, but my uncle did not seem to understand. I went with my uncle to his next appointment and Dr. Thakur explained things so that my uncle could understand. His office staff sat down and went through my uncle's medications with him. I appreciated all the time and care they gave my uncle.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Thakur is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Ranjan K Thakur accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsThoracic Cardiovascular Institute, 1200 E Michigan Ave Ste 580, Lansing, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ranjan K Thakur in this video.
Dr. Ranjan K Thakur is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lansing, MI.